Ceramic cat water fountain
Cats who are healthy and happy need access to fresh water. The more water they get, the better. Therefore, the Miaustore Cat Water Fountain has 8 different drinking areas: 4 easy-flowing bodies of water, 3 mini waterfalls and a bubbling spring.
Cats prefer to drink fresh, running water. That’s why the Miaustore Pet Fountain has 8 different drinking areas with water that encourage your cat to drink.
4.83 out of 5 Stars (54 Reviews)
Overview of Benefits
The 4 main reasons why cats prefer cat fountains over water bowls:
1. In nature, stagnant water from ponds and puddles are almost always polluted and contaminated, so cats have an instinctive aversion to stagnant water.
2. Because cats are hunters, their eyes are mainly used to detect movement. A still, small, transparent water surface can often not even be seen by your cat!
3. Your cat’s whiskers often touch the rim of their water bowl before they touch the water. Cats hate it when their whiskers are bent. (This is also the reason that cats often eat only the dry food in the middle of their food bowl, and leave the food on the edge).
4. Cats have a sense of smell two times stronger than humans. They therefore smell the bacteria and germs in the stagnant water and do not want to drink from it. Even if they might need the water urgently.
Would you like to drink a glass of water that has been sitting on your kitchen floor for a week? Most likely your cat probably thinks exactly the same as you and finds it just as disgusting. Though unlike you, your cat can not pour a fresh glass of water. Cats just decide to not drink anything at all, and in many cases live with a constant lack of water. Only now and then the thirst becomes so strong that they still force themselves to drink from a stagnant still water bowl.
The lack of water intake problem in cats has been increasing in recent times. That’s why the UK Royal Veterinary Institute, along with official veterinary organisations from around the world, released a report in January 2016 asking everyone to provide running water to their cats (see quote below).
This is precisely why the Miaustore cat water fountain offers a total of 8 different water sources: 3 surfaces with flowing & moving water, 3 small waterfalls, a bubbling spring, and a calm water surface. Every imaginable way in which water occurs in nature has thus been incorporated. These 8 drinking points are located at 4 different heights so that cats of all sizes can find a comfortable drinking point. As soon as your cat has access to the fresh, chilling, bubbling water of the Miaustore cat water fountain, she or he will immediately drink much more than before. The moving water will immediately catch the attention of your cat, because as a hunter it reacts to every minute movement. In some cases, there is a small period of habituation, but most cats immediately start drinking. Almost all customers say their cat drinks much more since they purchased our cat drinking fountain
Calculate how much water your cat needs
96% of customers say that their cat uses the fountain almost every day
In a recent survey we did, 87.1% of our customers said that their cats drink from the fountain every single day. Another 8.9% Said their cat uses it at least once a week. This means that 96% use it regularly, and only only 4% said that their cat doesn’t drink from it. Out of those 4%, most are cats that eat a lot of wet food, which reduces their need to drink water. If your cat eats dry food, or a mix of dry and wet food, then it is almost 100% certain that your cat will drink from our fountain. If not, we’ll give you your money back. Cats prefer moving water, and they love the way the water flows between the 3 towers of the Miaustore fountain. If they have the choice between the Miaustore fountain, and a water bowl, they always chose the fountain.
Thanks to the hygienic design & ceramic material you do not need expensive filters and could save up to £154.20 per year
One of the biggest advantages of our cat fountain is there is no need to buy expensive replacement filters thanks to the High-grade, dishwasher-friendly ceramics. Although plastic pet fountains are cheap to buy initially, their filters will add unbelievable costs in the long term. As plastic is very difficult to keep clean, manufacturers sell these filters, which often have to be bought monthly. Here is a customer review on Amazon.com for such a plastic cat fountain with filter:
“”As already written, the filter is really good, but just too expensive. The whole thing looks like a trap, buy the cat fountain and then bear the following costs. Of course this is not okay, the fountain is great, and is also taken to by my two felines. But the price for the filters shocks me “- Michael S.
In this case, the filter set of which Michael speaks, costs £12.85 which amounts to £154.20 over the year. By buying the Miaustore cat fountain, which needs no filter thanks to the hygienic, dishwasher-suitable ceramics, our customers save this expense.
PS: In the same factory where our cat fountains are made, we also make high quality plates and cups for people. The Miaustore water fountain for cats is manufactured to the same high quality standards as high quality dinnerware suitable for human consumption
You’ve probably already noticed that plates, glasses and pans are almost always made of ceramic (porcelain), glass or metal, but never made of plastic? There is a very good reason. With normal dishes, it is well known that plastic is simply unhygienic, impractical and not dishwasher safe. Many pet companies will try to make people believe this is different with cat drinking fountains, or any pet water fountain just to sell expensive replacement filters for years. Please do not fall into this scam. Buying a stainless steel or ceramic cat fountain is better for your cat and cheaper for you.
The new, quiet pump system of the Miaustore cat water fountain removes the 3 most common sources of noise that conventional cat water fountains emit.
Thanks to the new pump system, the Miaustore cat fountain is extremely quiet,
even quiet when the water level is low.
By far the most common problem with conventional cat fountains are that people find the pump is too loud. Together with experts from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, we have developed a novel pump system. As you can see in the graph, this includes 3 innovations that would all make a huge difference on their own.
1.The pump is not lying on the floor as per usual, but hangs from the silicone hose and floats in the water. Therefore, no vibrations are transmitted to the ceramic tower, and subsequently there is no noise..
2. In most cases when pumps are loud, the water level is low enough that the pump sucks in air. This is because invariably every fish tank and well pump sucks the water from the side, and pumps upwards for technical reasons. Therefore we have developed a solution to suck in the water from below and pump it upwards. This relatively small change makes a huge difference! For example when the water level drops in a conventional pet fountain to 3-5cm height, it starts to hum because of the air that is sucked in from the side. The Miaustore cat water fountain, on the other hand, can still function perfectly with water at 3 mm deep without emitting any noise. You can read more about this below, where I describe the volume of the fountain.
3. The pump is placed in the largest tower of the cat fountain. When this tower is in the base, all 4 sides are completely closed, and surrounded by 1.1 kg of sound-absorbing ceramic.
Thanks to the 0.9 gallon capacity, and thanks to the new pumping system, the cat water fountain only has to be refilled 3 times a month
Conventional cat fountains are loud as soon as the water has
dropped to 1.2-2 inches (on the left). They must therefore be constantly
refilled. However, the Miaustore cat fountain can exhaust its
0.9 gallons of water – almost 100% , thanks to the improved pump
(on the right)
Most cats fountains have to be replenished every 3 to 5 days, but with our fountain, thanks to the 0.9 gallons of water volume, the water will last 10 days without the need to refill the well. In addition, you never have to worry that the fountain will run empty and the pump will break down.
There are 3 reasons for our ingenious design:
1. The sides of the casing are optimally arched so that not only the they look smooth but to hold as much water as possible. These curvatures harmonise perfectly with the curves of the towers. Our designers perfected this detail over months.
2. The width of the cat water fountain is relatively large
3. Thanks to the new pumping system, 100% of the water can be used. This is a world first because conventional cat fountains must always have a water level of at least 1.2-2 inches so that the pump does not break. When the water level drops lower, these pumps suck in air, become loud and break after a few hours. By contrast, the Miaustore cat water fountain works without any problems until the fountain is almost completely empty. Our cat water fountain has 0.9 gallon of useful capacity, and this is comparable to a conventional “1.3 gallon fountain”.
If you purchase our motion switch as an accessory, the cat water fountain will last even longer because less water will evaporate
Clean and water resistant thanks to special, vitrified ceramic
We use a special production method where the ceramic is heated to extremely high temperatures that close all the pores in the ceramic. This technique completely seals the ceramic, even in places where there is no glaze. This has two advantages:
- The ceramic remains clean. Because all surfaces are completely sealed, no bacteria can stick to them
- The ceramic has an almost infinite lifespan. The ceramic cannot be damaged by water because all surfaces are sealed. Even if a splinter breaks off, the broken surface is still completely sealed because all pores are closed, including those inside the ceramic.
The pet water fountain is safe thanks to the certified low voltage pump, and the fountain design
The safety of your cat is very important to us. The pump in our cat fountain was therefore tested by 6 independent organisations: RoHS, GS, UL, CE, SAA & KC
The pump is supplied with a secure 5 volt low voltage cable, with a power adapter plugged in, separate from the fountain.
The cable never hangs over a water surface, but goes directly into a hole in the largest tower of the fountain.
In developing this cat water fountain, we have read thousands of customer experiences on cat water fountains. Not once has it been reported that the cat bites through the cable (only in ferrets this was reported to have happened). However thanks to the position of the cable, and thanks to the low tension, your cat would even be safe if it would bite through the cable.
If you choose the version with motion sensor, the fountain will run only when your cat wants to use it.
We offer a motion sensor option for all of our fountains. With this motion sensor, the fountain turns on as soon as the cat comes within a range of 5 feet, and then turns back off after your cat walks away. This motion sensor saves electricity and makes the fountain even more interactive and fun for your cat.
At times the high demand leads to delivery bottlenecks, order while the fountains are still in stock!
In this picture you can see some of the countless emails we received during our delivery bottlenecks. You can prevent this situation by ordering the cat water fountain while it’s still in stock.
We are not proud of it, but it has happened to us several times, that we have been completely sold out because production can not keep up with demand. We could fix this problem by simply importing tons of mediocre ceramic parts from China, but we insist that all our cat fountains are made mainly by hand in Europe for our European customers and The USA or Mexico for our North American customers. This enables us to ensure high quality and create valuable jobs. Unfortunately, this has often led to customers having to wait months to order the cat fountain. If you are interested, order now, as long as the cat drinking fountains are still in stock.
If we have cat fountains in stock at the mail order company, delivery takes 1-3 days. If we still have our water fountain for cats in stock in the country of manufacture, shipping takes 2-3 weeks. But as soon as we are sold out, the waiting time can take months because we start a new production cycle.
Now is again a window open in which the fountain is available.
If you are interested, order our water fountain for cats now. Thanks to the guarantee you can send the fountain back if you are not satisfied. But if you wait too long to make a purchase decision, it may be that the fountains are suddenly gone, or you might have to waiting a long time.
Cleaning & maintenance of the cat fountain is easy:
The maintenance is almost as easy as with a normal drinking bowl:
Just change the water of your cat drinking fountain once a week. And once or twice a month you can put the entire fountain in the dishwasher.
The 3 towers can be easily removed and put back in place. You can pull the towers from the top. But if your cat tries to overturn the towers from the side, they will hardly move. We have been working for a long time to ensure that the towers are firmly anchored in it’s casing, but can still be easily pulled out from above.
These towers are open at the bottom so that the inside of the dishwasher is also clean. So you can wash all 4 ceramic elements in the dishwasher and the fountain shines like new again.
The set-up of the cat water fountain and maintenance details are all send via a video to you after every purchase.
Included in the delivery:
- Cat fountain (bowl plus 3 towers)
- 5-volt water pump, adjustable, maximum 2.5 watts
- Power supply
- No filter, as it’s not necessary with ceramic
Replacement pumps are available, just write to email@example.com, if you need a free replacement pump. If you would like to purchase a replacement pump, click this link here.
- Made of high quality ceramic, fired at 1210 degrees
- 4.5 KG (without water)
- Width: 25 cm
- Depth: 28 cm
- Height: 18 cm
- Capacity: 3.4 Litres
- Useful capacity: 3.3 litres (comparable to a conventional “5 litre” founatin, as the pumps in conventional fountains can only use 60% to 80% of their capacity)
Total weight: 5.5kg (including power supply and pump) 1kg 0.7 kg 0.6 kg 2.8 kg